Wednesday, July 29, 2009

When Websites Come and Go

Ok, let me be honest. I go through spurts of some pretty intense fascination with celebrities. Yes, I confess it. But I never really could figure out a reason. Well, now, I have a theory. I'm starting to wonder if my visits to PerezHilton.com are directly proportional to my interest in what's going on in my own life. For example, as I look back over recent years, when I would visit Perez daily (or, as my husband will tell you, more than that), I was fairly burnt out with my life--my work at least. Perez was a welcome respite from the monotony.

I occured to me this morning, however, as I looked at the bookmark on my toolbar for that old favorite website, that I can't remember the last time I visited there. And recent visits have been, it must be said, a bit forced. Out of habit rather than interest.

Instead, I've found myself checking out www.mylifeisaverage.com for quick humor about how everyone's life out there in the web world is going. Stuff I can identify with. I'm really happy with where I am right now. I find my work very interesting and challenging...I enjoy it. So perhaps that's just it...I don't really need an escape as much.

So, I just deleted the Perez button on the toolbar. I don't doubt I'll be back, but you know, life changes...and so d the websites that help us navigate life...

No comments:

Post a Comment