Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Birthday Reflections

I suppose it's quite customary to reflect on the past year for one's birthday. But boy, I've been reflecting for, well, months! It's really quite incredible to think of how much my life has changed in the past year. I no longer anticipate "quiet" years though (if I ever did). There's always something--and I don't at all mean that in a bad way. It's exciting, knowing that there just so much coming that we cannot imagine. Scary, yes. But also exciting.

This is my last year in my twenties. I guess that's pretty momentous. But God willing, I'll also have my last year in the thirties, forties, etc.

Life is not so much, I think, about marking milestones as it is living with joyful expectancy. Milestones are important, don't get me wrong. But I hope I am never so consumed with one day, one year, that I fail to give thanks not just for what God has done, but for what I know God WILL do.

No comments:

Post a Comment