Thursday, May 7, 2009

Rain

So I understand all the reasons the rain is good. Really, I do. Living out in the country, I promise, I do. And I know this has of late become a cliche on Facebook and Twitter...but...I miss the sun! :-/

This morning, trying to stick to my decision to rock the socks of the Virgin Healthmiles pedometer I get through my GBPHB plan, I headed out to walk in the rain for the third or fourth time this week. Mercifully if didn't rain the entire time...and I know the heat of the summer will make the walk unpleasant, but boy I cannot wait for a nice clear, sunny day to walk!

Otherwise, though, the rain has been only partially inconvenient for the rest of my week, since I've spent the greater part of it in meetings. Ad Council meetings. Finance meetings. Tonight a parsonage trustees meeting. I guess that's just the cost of preparing for a new pastor to arrive while also reconfiguring a charge relationship. The good news is, thus far, things seem to be going ok. And once I get through this week, I won't have many meetings left here.

I noticed that UM Communications was pretty busy yesterday on twitter updating about the ReThink church campaign kick-offs in DC and New York. Laying aside my general suspicion of our denomination getting too giddy with its own marketing, I'm excited to see where this goes. I hope it really becomes a movement, a change of thinking, for the entire denomination, not just a PR line. It ties in with the 10 Thousand Doors line too. Check out more at www.10thousanddoors.org and www.rethinkchurch.org.

What do you think of the whole ReThink Church thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment