Sunday, March 21, 2010

White Crosses

I think a while ago, after attending an Edwin McCain concert, I posted the lyrics to a song I first heard there called "White Crosses." The song talks about the experience of Mexican immigrants, and like many of McCain's songs, the lyrics, I think, are just beautiful.

Today, many are gathering in DC for a rally in favor of immigration reform. Many United Methodists will be there. So since I cannot attend today, here is a version of the song "White Crosses." I couldn't find a good version of McCain singing it, so this is someone else, but it is the same song.

May we never forget that we are all immigrants to this wonderful country we get to call home. And as Christians, may our first allegiance always be to God and seeing the face of God in all people.

White Crosses Video

No comments:

Post a Comment