Friday, March 20, 2009

Expectations

This Sunday, my sermon looks at the idea of "expectations," and I've been looking at little elements along the lines of the topic. I've come across some cool quotes though (from www.wisdomquotes.com and www.thinkexist.com)...here are a few:

Dennis Wholey:
Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is a little like expecting the bull not to attack you because you are a vegetarian.

Edward de Bono:
Unhappiness is best defined as the difference between our talents and our expectations.

Henry David Thoreau:
We are always paid for our suspicion by finding what we suspect.

Leo Buscaglia:
Never idealize others. They will never live up to your expectations.

Mark Twain:
A thing long expected takes the form of the unexpected when at last it comes.

Thomas Jefferson:
I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it.

Nobody succeeds beyond his or her wildest expectations unless he or she begins with some wild expectations.
-Ralph Charell

You can't base your life on other people's expectations.
-Stevie Wonder

No comments:

Post a Comment