Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Godfather

Okay, so I had to write just a bit about my first experience watching "The Godfather." I know. Guys can't imagine I've lived so long and not watched it. But it just wasn't part of the teenaged girl's general experience!

So, since tomorrow is Chris' birthday but we'll be running around with conference meetings, I decided to make his birthday cake tonight...good news is it actually hasn't collapsed yet!

Apparently Chris has been wanting to watch "The Godfather" for a while, so that was tonight's excitement. Honestly, I've heard so many references to the film, that watching it, they all finally make sense. Like in context, the horse head thing fits at least. And "Leave the gun, take the cannolis," does as well.

I wonder what films out today--if any--will carry the same cultural influence of films like "The Godfather." I mean, hey, I hadn't watched the film but at least every few minutes I'd hear a line or see a scene that that had been talked about in some other movie, like "When Harry Met Sally," or "You've Got Mail." Of course, those are more my sort of movies...!

So I'm curious now...what are other film influences? And what will be the film influences of our generation?

No comments:

Post a Comment