Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Proper Use of "Awesome"

So in the midst of the rush of the spring to summer transition, I've been trying to get back to a good routine with visitation...the Christmas to Easter rush seems to have hit all clergy in some way, and for me, it was getting behind visiting with folks. But catching up has been a treat. Here of late I've been to see several people, including Ginny Stamper and Ellen Lowery.

Yesterday, while visiting with Ellen, we got to talking about travel, and then onto airplanes. We both shared the thought that planes just do not seem like they should be able to fly. I mean, have you ever really thought of it? If you happened upon a plane, not knowing anything about planes, would you think something like that could stay in the air? In the course of that conversation, Ellen remarked that air planes truly are awesome. She said people use that word in many different ways, but in the most basic sense, planes are awesome. And I must say, after all the time I've spent with youth and kids, and my own use of that word, it just tickled me to hear it so appropriately used!

Annual Conference is next week, so I'm busy this week trying to get things set for all my non-AC responsibilities. Since I'm on the worship committee, the entire week I will be occupied with related stuff, it seems, especially since my fiance Chris' parents will be in town the first part of the week (yea!).

But I'm excited the sun is out today, especially since I'm out and about today with office hours, a funeral, a late lunch meeting, and you know, everything else! But a cup of coffee and a sunny morning are a great way to start the day!! Awesome!

:-) Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment